Nineteen people, including 12 Pakistani nationals, have been arrested in Saudi Arabia in connection with a string of suicide attacks earlier this week in Medina, Qatif and Jeddah, the kingdom's Interior Ministry said Thursday (July 7th).
Seven people are believed to have been killed and two wounded in three separate Monday attacks, one of which near the Prophet's Mosque in Medina, AFP reported.
In a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency, the ministry identified the perpetrator of the Medina attack as a 26-year-old Saudi who had a "history of drug use".
The Qatif attack was carried out by three "terrorists", including a 23-year-old who the ministry said was known to the security services for taking part in protests, while the Jeddah attacker was a identified as a Pakistani driver who had been living in the city for 12 years.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for Monday's attacks, though the "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" (ISIL) has carried out recent bombings and shootings at mosques in the kingdom.