Yemeni army forces thwarted three attempts by the Houthis (Ansarallah) to infiltrate their posts in al-Tabab al-Bayd, al-Majaza and al-Hashishma that overlook the centre of Baqim district in Saada, al-Arabiya reported Monday (July 9th).
Brig. Gen. Saleh Qroush, the commander of the fifth battalion of the border guards, said violent clashes between his battalion and the Iran-backed Houthis killed dozens of the militia's elements and injured others.
The remaining Houthi elements fled following the confrontations, he said.
The Arab coalition supporting the legitimate government in Yemen also targeted Houthi gatherings near Baqim district with artillery and inflicted heavy losses on them, he added.
Meanwhile, UN special envoy for Yemen Martin Griffiths visited Riyadh to discuss the situation in Yemen. He will head to Aden later on Monday to meet with President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi and Prime Minister Ahmed bin Daghr.
Griffiths said last week the messages conveyed by Yemen’s parties during his last visit were "positive and constructive".
Griffiths is expected to discuss the developments of a settlement over al-Hodeidah and seek to reach a comprehensive settlement to the Yemeni crisis.